Date: Saturday, April 22, 2017
Time: Race party begins at 8:00am and the official 5k start time is 9:00am
Location: West Creek Business Park in Richmond, VA
Registration: Online registration has now closed. Walk up registration is available on Friday, April 21st from 4:00-7:00pm at Lucky Road in Willow Lawn and on race day from 7:30-8:30am in the Virginia Farm Bureau parking lot.
Virginia Farm Bureau parking lot
12580 West Creek Parkway
Richmond, VA 23238
Click Here for directions.
Parking is limited at Virginia Farm Bureau, so please consider carpooling! HOPE Church’s parking lot (located directly across from the Patterson Ave entrance of West Creek) is a perfect place to meet for a “park & carpool”! Leave your car at HOPE Church and ride with a friend to the race!
The race begins in the Virginia Farm Bureau parking lot, turning east down West Creek Parkway for a 1/2 mile, before looping west along the remaining length of the parkway. Just after hitting mile 2, the course turns back toward the east, following the parkway into the Virginia Farm Bureau parking lot for the finish. The water-stop will be hosted by Virginia IVF and Andrology Center at mile 1.4.
There will be mile markers and the race will be run on open roads. Traffic will be controlled.
This rolling 3.1 mile course is USATF certified. Click here for an interactive map.
Click Here to register!
|Registration Fees||Cost for ages 18 and up||Cost for ages 8 and up|
|February 1st – February 28th||$35||$10|
|March 1st – April 1st||$40||$15|
|April 2nd – April 19th||$45||$20|
|Walk-up registration will be available during packet pick-up April 21st from 4:00-7:00pm AND the day of the race from 7:30-8:30am||$50||$25|
|Virtual Race Registration Fee
Feb. 1st – April 1st: $25
April 2nd – April 8th: $30
Add a Race T-Shirt: $15
Virtual Registration ends on April 8th
Registered Race Participants Who Choose the “Race Bib” Option Receive:
Registered Race Participants Who Choose the “Cheer” Option Receive:
Virtual Race Participants Receive:
When you register, you will be asked to choose a Featured Couple team – don’t worry if you aren’t sure who to pick. Visit Meet the Couples to read through each of their bios to help you decide which of the 5 Featured Couples you would like to race with. Once you choose a Featured Couple, you become part of their team! On race day, accessorize with your team color – add some flair. Whether you are purple, yellow, orange, red, or green you are still supporting all of the couples by being a part of this event!
Don’t want to choose? No problem! There is an option for general registration which will allow us to randomly select one for you. If you choose this option, look out for an email from us letting you know whose team you are on!
Don’t live in RVA, but want to participate in the 5k? You can register to be a part of our “virtual race”! We will email you a race bib you can print at home!
On the day of the race, wherever you are, get out and run/walk the 5k with us. Post a picture on our Facebook page with the hashtag #race2parenthood! Don’t forget to wear your team colors to show your support! Last day to register as a virtual participant is April 8th!
New in 2017:
This year, we are giving race participants the opportunity to share their connection to the infertility community on race day! At packet pickup, a special sticker that represents the statement you choose during registration will be included with your race bib. Wear your sticker on April 22nd and help start a conversation about your journey!
This option is only available for Adult 5k race participants.
Make a Donation:
Rituals Salon and Spa Race Party:
Catch your breath, meet up with your team, and celebrate your finish at the post-race party! Features include:
- Julie Bragg from CBS 6 News as the Race to Parenthood 5k’s MC
- Mini Food Court including:
- Photo Booth Fun by Hott Shotz
- Kid’s Zone which includes:
- Music by DJ Jerry
- Mascot Meet and Greet
- Mr. Slice, Nutzy the Flying Squirrel, & the Snow Sisters
- Vendor, Sponsor and Charity Booths including:
- Virginia Fertility Associates, VA IVF & Andrology Center, Rituals Salon & Spa, Oriental Medicine, Virginia Women’s Center, Extra Special Parents, My Intent, Hope Tree, Sweetest Stitch, A&K LulaRoe Boutique, Barefoot Books, Paparazz Accessories, Lip Sense, Scentsy, Thirty-One Gifts, Inital Outfitters, Virginia529, Stella & Dot, Bella Buster Bows, Pampered Chef, Young Living Essential Oils, WD Racing, Usborne Books, Origami Owl, HAPPE Dog Rescue & Adoption, Jewish Family Services, Do Bead Dooby Do, Snaps To It, C2Adopt, & many more!
- Featured Couple Meet and Greet
- Meet the couple you supported in The Race to Parenthood!
- Awards Ceremony
- Top 3 Overall Male/Female
- Top 3 Male/Female 8 – 13, 14 – 19, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60 +
- Raffle Prizes
- And much more!
For more information on how to become a vendor at the Rituals Salon and Spa Race Party, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for the Vendor Application.
Friday, April 21, 2017
|4:00 – 7:00pm||Race Packet Pick-Up at Lucky Road in Willow Lawn|
|4:00 – 7:00pm||Walk-up Race Registration at Lucky Road in Willow Lawn|
Saturday, April 22, 2017
|7:30 – 8:30am||Walk-up Registration at Virginia Farm Bureau|
|7:30 – 8:30am||Same Day Packet Pick-Up at Virginia Farm Bureau|
|8:00am||Race Party Begins|
|10:30am||Raffle Winners Announced|
Packet pick-up will take place on Friday, April 21st from 4:00-7:00pm at Lucky Road (formally known as Lucky Foot) located in the Willow Lawn shopping center.
Packet pick-up will also be available on race day from 7:30-8:30am in the Virginia Farm Bureau parking lot.
Reminder: Packet pickup is ONLY available during the dates and times listed above. We will not hold packets if you are unable to attend the available packet pickup times. SHIRTS AND PACKETS WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTED AFTER the stated packet pickup times; no exceptions.
*A photo ID is required to pick up your race packet. You may pick up a race packet for another participant, provided you have a copy of their photo ID.
Our 2016 shirts were so popular, we are bringing back the Jersee Tees! The last day to receive a race t-shirt with registration is April 1st.
While we try to make sure everyone receives the t-shirt size they requested during race registration, we unfortunately cannot guarantee sizes.
The race will be chip-timed by Commonwealth Timing! Results will be posted online after completion of the race at www.commonwealthtiming.net/.
Each registered participant that chooses the “Race Bib” option, will be assigned a bib number which has a disposable RFID chip, a light-weight disposable timing device that remains on your bib. For the chip to work properly, please wear your bib on the front of your torso at chest level, where it is clearly visible.
Please do not fold or wrinkle your bib. It is the registered participant’s responsibility to wear the bib that is specifically assigned to them.
- Race Medals and Lucky Road gift certificates to the top 3 overall female/male winners.
- Race medals and Lucky Road gift certificates to the top 3 female/male winners in the following age groups: 8 – 13, 14 – 19, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60 +
The race kicks off with one big mass start, but don’t worry – we’ll be organized about it! Line up with the group that best matches your projected pace:
- Walkers & Strollers
Tips & Safety
- You may NOT bring outside alcohol.
- Minimum Age to run or walk is 5. Any child under 5 must be in a stroller, jogger, or carrier. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- In consideration of the safety of all participants, NO HAND CYCLES, BICYCLES, HOVERBOARDS, ANIMALS ON LEASHES, SKATEBOARDS or SKATES will be allowed on the course.
- Event registrants grant permission to The Race to Parenthood to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.